Sensational staging allows your home to sell faster and for more money. With many homes for sale College Station homeowners need to do what they can to stand out. Fortunately, this can be done with a few simple adjustments.
1. Make sure the home is in good repair. Check walls for cracks, lights that are out and torn screens among other physical eyesores. Assume everything you see, the buyer will also see.
2. Remove the personal items. When a buyer sees your home, they need to feel like they live in the home. Seeing pictures of your family reminds them they are in someone else’s home.
3. Use furniture and clean walls to make the room bigger. Even though you may love a large couch to lie down on, a loveseat will give the appearance of more room. Keeping walls a neutral color with mirrors hanging on them will also help to increase the perceived size of a room and make it brighter.
4. In the kitchen, you want the room spotless. There shouldn’t be anything on the countertops if at all possible. When there is too much clutter, the kitchen appears too small and the avid cook will be turned off by it.
5. Change out any linens visitors will see. They should be fresh, crisp and clean. This includes bedding, towels in the kitchen and bathroom and the throws on furniture. That will add to the ambience of the home, which will help to keep your house one of the homes for sale College Station buyers will love.
6. Add some light to the home by adding some great lamps or an affordable chandelier. This additional light makes the home warmer and more inviting. That can lead to a faster sale for more money.
7. Upgrade the kitchen and the bathroom. Change out cabinet pulls and adjust faucets as needed. Think about some modern designs. The newer these rooms appear and the less work they will require the better off you will be.
8. Don’t bake cookies, it is cliché and everyone does it. Instead, find a subtle scent that can be sprayed lightly in each room to give it a fresh, clean smell.
9. Oversell the bedroom. Give the master bedroom a true feeling of luxury. Add pillows, shams and really go all out to decorate this room as being luxurious. Consider putting a vase of flowers in the room to really tie it together and help it stand out.
10. Check your curb appeal. The outside of your house when people are walking up should be as breathtaking as the interior.
With these sensational staging tips, your home will be one of the homes for sale College Station buyers will purchase. Take the time to review them with your real estate professional and get things started today.